The Last Jedi (spoilers)




So Star Wars The Last Jedi was a hit. I saw the movie twice over break and both times I was quite entertained. I saw the movie the first time on the Wednesday after Christmas, and dragged myself out of bed as soon as I heard that my mom and brothers were going to the movie. This was difficult because I was up until 2 the night before, but still very worth it. I guess you could say I'm not a true fan because I didn't see the movie until awhile after it came out, however I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
Unfortunately, because I was so late to seeing the movie, I had already heard some spoilers, which someone decided to post on their snapchat story, much to my annoyance. I had heard that Finn died, so during several scenes where he barely avoided death I was quite surprised to see him alive. Also I heard that Rey doesn't become any stronger with the force, which was also a lie. Basically, I thought someone had spoiled parts of it but really he hadnt't.
I was impressed by both the plot of the movie and also the various effects. A few of my favorite parts included when Rey and Kylo Ren fought emperor Snoke's red guards after Kylo killed Snoke, and when Luke conjured an image from the Jedi Island and used it to distract Kylo Ren, who was convinced it was actually Luke. In addition the special effects were superb, such as when Snoke's ship was destroyed.
The only parts of the movie I was disappointed with were the first few minutes when the rebels were fleeing their base, which had bad acting in my opinion, and when Leia floated through space, which was exceptionally cheesy. However the rest of the movie was very entertaining, and I refused to leave and miss any part either of the two times.

Comments