Tide Pod Challenge

This morning my mom told me shortly after I woke up about this thing going around on social media that she heard about called the "Tide Pod Challenge." She warned me not to do this because firstly it's stupid and secondly, it is causing people to die. Essentially what the challenge is, is to eat a tide pod, which are typically used for washing your clothes. People then go to post it on social media, in order to show off I guess?? I'm sure if I saw someone do that I would instantly think that person is super cool and I want to be them.
Later that afternoon I began to see more about the tide pod challenge, it was mentioned on the snapchat featured stories. Apparently the incidents of people consuming these has increased quite a bit, in addition they were consumed intentionally much more as well. According to the Stay Tuned snapchat story, it originally started off as a joke about how they look like candy. According to the consumer product safety commission, 10 people have died so far from eating them. Because the challenge is spreading so fast and is such a hot topic, it was event the title and thumbnail of their featured story. Furthermore, Tide has started making commercials about not eating the pods in order to promote safety.




Comments